Ben is Propeller’s head of media and marketing. A familiar face at industry events, ranging from Cannes Lions and DMEXCO to Mobile World Congress and Advertising Week in London and New York, Ben works across Propeller’s client roster. His love of networking and brainstorming means he is often the first point of contact for prospective clients and his infectious enthusiasm and creativity shine through in pitches. Ben’s background in journalism has equipped him with a strong ‘nose for news’ that he brings to bear in our daily media meeting strategy sessions. He loves formulating killer headlines and tactical hooks to achieve cut-through coverage in high-profile print, online and broadcast media.
Five things about Ben
- As a journalist, I interviewed some interesting people such as US Hip Hop icon Nas and England football legend Jimmy Greaves. I also interviewed lots of far less interesting people.
- My hobbies are football, cricket, music, film, TV boxsets, reading, writing, talking, socialising.
- Inspirational quote: “Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed; everything else is public relations.” George Orwell
- My hair started going grey when I was 17.
- What’s your best piece of advice? A famous vaudeville quote: “Be nice to people on the way up, because you’ll see them on the way down”.