Intern and Account Exec roles at Propeller
As part of Propeller’s diversity & inclusion recruitment strategy, we are currently interviewing BAME candidates for Intern and Account Exec roles. If you’re interested in a career in PR, content creation or business development then we want to hear from you!
These roles offer a great opportunity for you to make your mark at a fast-growing independent agency that works with clients in the media, marketing, advertising, retail and technology sectors. Propeller clients include the likes of Samsung, SAP, Nielsen, Croud, Superunion, Cheil, Somo Global, Winmo and Edge by Ascential.
We are looking for candidates who are excited by the opportunity for rapid growth in experience and responsibility, working as part of a close-knit team in a rewarding agency environment. You will have plenty of scope to develop your career at Propeller, with training provided to all staff.
About the roles:
- PR & Content Interns
We provide an internal 3 month training plan to ensure that you get a true experience of what day-to-day life is like working in a PR & Content agency.
The type of person suited to a PR & Content Intern role at Propeller will have excellent face-to-face, telephone and email communication skills. You will be passionate about news, current affairs and the media in general, including traditional communication channels as well as social media platforms. You will also be excited about the prospect of working in the PR industry and helping clients to create stories that raise their profile and get them noticed by the target audiences they want to reach.
You will have the opportunity to develop your own skills and knowledge, and also contribute to the ongoing development of the agency, by attending industry events (virtually at the moment) and helping to organise some of our own events.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
• Taking part in the daily media meeting
• Compiling and sending out our daily Newsround newsletter for our clients and contacts
• Putting together our client coverage
• Updating our client reporting system
• Taking part in brainstorms and generating ideas for our clients
• Drafting releases and comments for our clients
• Carrying out research tasks
2. BD Interns
A great opportunity to cut your teeth in a sales/sales support role as part of the Business Development team at Propeller, working to an internal 3 month training plan. The type of person suited to a Business Development role at Propeller will be results driven and once onboarded, eager to hit sales-focused KPIs. You will be excited about writing copy for email marketing campaigns, and you will be keen to immerse yourself in the marketing and tech industry. You will have excellent attention to detail and will be asked to support the data team with research tasks, so a good understanding of Microsoft and Google tools is required as well as a strong appetite to learn about the latest CRM, marketing automation and other emerging tech platforms. Once trained, you will be confident on the phone and happy to cold-call on behalf of your clients. We’re looking for someone that will bring a positive energy to the agency and be focused on hitting personal targets as well as helping the BD team to meet agency-wide goals.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Assistance with data research tasks and database management
- Supporting with copy writing on email marketing campaigns
- Helping account teams run client events
- Taking part in brainstorms and generating ideas for clients
- Assisting with LinkedIn, phone outreach and email targeting to prospects
3. PR & Content Account Execs/Business Development Account Execs – you will already have 6 to 12 months experience of working in a PR, Content or Business Development environment, either in an agency or in-house role. You will be looking for an exciting new challenge and to take the next step up in your career. A more detailed job spec for Account Exec roles can be provided upon request.
Intern roles = £18,000 per annum (pro rata), initial 3-month contract
Account Exec roles = £22,000 + per annum depending on experience
Additional Application Instructions
Please send your CV to email@example.com and a short covering note explaining what excites you about working in PR, Content or Business Development and why you’re interested in a role at Propeller.