Propeller PR has a brilliant opportunity for a PR intern to make their mark at this fast-growing independent PR agency serving the media, marketing, advertising and technology markets.
This is a great chance to learn the inner workings of the worlds of media, marketing, advertising and technology. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual who wants to increase their knowledge of these sectors and develop their PR skills working within a hard-working, fun and sociable team environment.
The ideal person would have:
- Excellent face-to-face, telephone and email communications skills
- A friendly manner
- Love for both the traditional (newspapers, magazines, TV, radio) and new media worlds.
- A social media user (eg Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social networks)
- Good administration and organisation skills
- Good computer literacy
At Propeller, you will be able to contribute to the ongoing development of the agency.
A typical day would include:
- Operating the telephone switchboard
- Sorting and filing newspapers and magazines
- Preparing client press coverage & inputting coverage data into coverage system
- Contributing to the daily media meeting
- General administration duties for the team
What we can offer you:
- Guidance on the PR basics (e.g how to write a press release, do cuttings, sell in a story etc)
- An opportunity to network with contacts within the industry
- A chance to expand your knowledge through in-house workshops
Based in the heart of the West End on Charing Cross Road, Propeller’s client experience ranges from working with media industry giants like WPP, Trinity Mirror, Channel 5 and Disney to fast-growing digital economy players such as Quantcast, GlobalWebIndex and Drawbridge. Not only do we have excellent media contacts and a thriving social media department, but we also have a mobile apps development team that has several apps already on the Apple iPhone platform. We have also recently launched a new content division headed up by ex-Marketing Week deputy editor Branwell Johnson.
We’re also a fun, lively and sociable team – recent team outings have included ping pong at Bounce, karaoke and a trip up the Shard.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to email@example.com and tell us what you think you can bring to this role.