Escape Zoom: What we’ve learned in 2020
For the latest Propeller Group ‘Escape Zoom’, Group Managing Director Kieran Kent and Director of Business Development and Partnerships Ben Titchmarsh, brought together industry contacts for a freewheeling conversation about what has been learnt about our industry during 2020.
- ‘Elasticated chic’ work attire,
- How the passage of time has been hard to track during lockdown,
- Business model agility
- Innovation in CTV
- The possible impact of a complete ban on HFSS advertising online.
- Keeping teams motivated with tactics such as ‘Good news Monday’,
- The importance of diarising time to celebrate after big moments like pitches
- How to nurture young people in our industry without face-to-face contact
- Whether we’ll ever return to ‘the tiredness Olympics’ we used to collectively judge ourselves by
A consensus emerged that mentally reframing 2020 as ‘the great reset’ was the best way of processing a year like no other and it was wonderful to talk openly about how we’ve all felt.
Thank you to all attendees:
Paul Gubbins, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Publica LLC; Matt Sullivan, Managing Director, Alliance of Independent Agencies; Silke Zetzsche, Head of Commercial Partnerships, A Million Ads; Ally Owen, Founder, Brixton Finishing School; Nicola Spooner, Global VP Strategy, Unruly; Dino Myers-Lamptey, Founder, The Barber Shop; Kirsty Giordani, Executive Director, IAA UK; Godwin Joseph, VP Strategic Accounts EMEA, Mediaocean.