Planning for recovery
There’s no denying it’s been a tough couple of months. We’ve seen clients putting their agency projects on hold and promising pipeline opportunities disappearing, leaving businesses focusing on survival.
For many agencies, it’s required a reset of priorities and some tough decisions, but it remains vitally important to stay connected with clients and prospects through this time.
As a business development partner to a wide range of agencies, we’ve been busy developing new content formats and ways of working. We’ve also been practising what we preach and sharing regular insight through online events, podcasts, and senior industry advice to help navigate the changing landscape.
We are seeing opportunities out there (some where you would least expect) and it’s important to stay top of mind with potential new clients.
Whilst the recent Bellwether report reports that Q1 was tough on budgets (which won’t have been a big surprise) and marketer confidence for Q2 is low, brands and agencies should be planning for recovery. Therefore you need to make sure you are part of the discussion as brands get ready to resume activity, or implement new plans.
With this in mind, Upfront and the Propeller Group have developed and launched a 90 day recovery plan for agencies to help you shine brightly over the coming weeks.
- a messaging workshop to help shape your key messages for media and new business, making sure you deliver the right tone
- building a target database – identifying and researching who are the right brands and decision makers to be talking to right now
- setting you up with the right tools to develop and nurture prospect journeys, lead score and track interest
- developing content to drive engagement, including long form sector report and articles to bring to life your thinking and generate interest with target clients
- hosting 1 online event, we will help you to promote and manage an online event with an audience of prospective clients
- follow up with business development activity to help progress prospect interest into conversations, leads and meetings
The 3 month programme will provide you with the right foundations for future new business success with the right focus and messaging, providing new ways to approach and engage your target clients over this critical period. It will help you to start new conversations and keep you firmly on the radar for new work over the coming months.
We will also be running a number of Recovery Sessions throughout May, featuring experts who have all pledged their time to help agency leaders on the road to recovery. Themes will include: growing your personal network, how to stand out on social media, running an online event and how to effectively distribute content and drive leads online.
Please get in touch if you’d like to find out more.